Garbage disposals can be very convenient. You rinse food scraps right off the plate or cutting board and run the disposal until they disappear down the drain. It keeps smelly food out of your trash and prevents your drain from clogging. However, this is only the case if your disposal is working properly.
When your garbage disposal is not working properly, it can cause a variety of problems in your kitchen. Here are 5 reasons you need garbage disposal repair.
1. Your Drain Will Clear Up.
A garbage disposal that is jammed or clogged will cause your drain to back up into your sink. This means all of the food scraps and debris from inside your disposal and drain pipes will come up into your sink, causing a disgusting, smelly mess. Repairing your garbage disposal will allow it to grind up the food scraps as it is supposed to so that the water will drain out and down the pipe.
2. Your Dishwasher Will Work More Effectively.
If you have a dishwasher and a garbage disposal, the water from the dishwasher cycle will drain through the disposal so that any food debris can be ground up by the disposal to prevent clogs in your drain pipes. When the disposal is broken or clogged, the dishwasher could back up and fail to drain properly, meaning your dishes won’t get clean and the water could leak out onto the floor.
3. Fix or Prevent a Leaky Disposal.
Garbage disposals can develop leaks, either in the disposal itself or the pipes connected to it. A leaky garbage disposal can cause serious water flooding in your kitchen, and water damage is costly to repair. Fixing leaks in your garbage disposal can prevent water damage to your cabinets and kitchen floor.
4. Your Disposal Will Smell Fresher.
A garbage disposal that is not working properly can develop an unpleasant odor from food debris and mildew that is trapped in the drain or disposal. By repairing your garbage disposal you can freshen up your sink and the overall smell of your kitchen and home.
5. Your Disposal Will Function Properly.
The ultimate benefit of garbage disposal repair is that your garbage disposal will function properly both now and in the future, preventing water damage, bad smells and dishwasher malfunction.
Can I Repair My Own Garbage Disposal?
DIY or do it yourself repairs are always a gamble. If you have experience with garbage disposal repair, you may be able to diagnose and repair your own. However, if you don’t know what you’re doing you could do more harm than good. Professional appliance repair services have the knowledge and experience to fix garbage disposals of all makes and models, providing reliable customer service.
Benefits of Professional Appliance Repair
There are many benefits of calling a professional appliance repair service for your garbage disposal needs:
- Quality repair. When you call a professional, reputable appliance repair service you can count on getting a quality repair that will have your garbage disposal working properly again for the long run.
- Convenience. Instead of bending down under the sink with tools in an attempt to repair your garbage disposal, a repair service takes care of that for you while you sit and relax.
- Emergency service. If you need emergency repair, either for an urgent need or after hours, professional repair companies often provide 24 hour emergency service.
- Warranty. If your garbage disposal is still under warranty, professional repair companies will work with your warranty to get the necessary parts or the appliance replaced at no charge. You will only pay for labor.
Who Should I Call for Garbage Disposal Repair?
Appliance Repair 512 provides garbage disposal repair in Austin, Texas and the surrounding area. Our skilled technicians have experience with all makes and models of disposals and will work with your warranty if possible. And because appliances never break down when it’s convenient, we provide 24 hour emergency service.
Call (512) 351-7624 or contact us today to learn more and schedule a service appointment.