Your oven is a necessary kitchen appliance. You probably use it quite a bit from cooking dinner to baking, especially around the holidays. When your oven isn’t working it can be frustrating. Whether your dinner was ruined or a dessert failed to bake, you’re stuck ordering take out or taking a store-bought dessert to the office potluck. Now you need to figure out what’s wrong with your oven if you don’t want to microwave your meals from now on. Here are 6 common oven problems and when to call an Austin oven repair service.
- No heat. Is your oven failing to heat? If you have no heat at all coming to your oven, you may have a problem with the ignitor (for a gas oven) or the heating element (for an electric oven). This can be difficult to fix if you don’t have experience with this type of repair. It would probably be best to call an appliance repair service.
- Doesn’t reach the desired temperature. Does your oven heat up but never reach the preheat temperature? This could be due to a problem with the temperature sensor in the oven. The sensor can be recalibrated to read the temperature accurately, but this needs to be done by a professional. There could also be a problem with the heating element or ignitor. An Austin oven repair company can diagnose and repair the problem.
- Door won’t shut or seal. If your oven door won’t shut or it doesn’t seal around the door when it is closed, you have a potentially unsafe situation. Heat can also seep out and cool air can seep in so that your oven can’t achieve or maintain the desired temperature inside. If your oven door seal is worn out, you may be able to replace that yourself. But if you’re not sure how to fix the door, call a professional.
- Too much heat. Did you set your oven to the desired temperature for a recipe, follow the baking instructions exactly, and it still ended up burnt? This is another indication that the temperature sensor could need to be calibrated. It may be misreading the temperature and causing your oven to overheat.
- Inside light doesn’t work. This could just be as easy as replacing a light bulb. First check to make sure the lightbulb isn’t loose. Only check when the oven is turned off and cool. If the light bulb is burned out, it can be replaced with a new bulb of the same type. If replacing the bulb doesn’t fix it, there may be a problem with the wiring which will require a technician to repair.
- Self-cleaning feature doesn’t work. The concept of a self-cleaning oven is always so appealing, but it doesn’t always work. If the self-clean cycle is working properly, it should be able to remove most stains except for major spills. But if the cycle doesn’t seem to be working properly, you’ll need to contact an Austin oven repair service.
Should You Attempt DIY Oven Repair?
Minor issues with your oven may be something you can repair on your own, such as changing the interior light bulb or possibly replacing the door seal. But more complex repairs should be handled by a professional for safety reasons. A properly functioning oven is a safe oven, which is only guaranteed by a licensed oven repair service.
Appliance Repair 512 Provides Oven Repair Services
If you’re looking for an Austin oven repair service, Appliance Repair 512 is a reliable, affordable choice. We are a locally owned and operated business serving Austin, Texas and the surrounding area. Our expertise spans a wide range of household appliances and our technicians are factory trained by the manufacturers to service all major brands.
Call (512) 351-7624 or contact us to schedule a service appointment. We look forward to repairing your oven so you can make the foods you love.