Having problems with your refrigerator? Whether it’s leaking, doesn’t stay cold, isn’t making ice, or some other malfunction, you need same day appliance repair. A working refrigerator is an absolute necessity for keeping food from spoiling. But how much does refrigerator repair cost?
You’re likely hoping your refrigerator can be repaired and won’t have to be replaced because a repair should cost less. In most cases this is true, but it depends on the situation and a few different factors. If you want a better idea of what to expect for fridge repair cost, the following considerations will have an effect on the total.
Factors That Affect the
- Cost of the Initial Visit. Any refrigerator repair company will charge a base fee just to come to your home and diagnose the problem. The good news is that most of them will apply the cost of the initial visit to your total repair cost if you choose to have them do the repair.
- The Cost of Parts. The majority of your refrigerator repair cost will depend on what is broken and how much the replacement part or parts cost. It may also depend on whether or not the part you need is currently in stock or if it will need to be ordered.
- How Long the Repair Takes. The total cost may also be affected by how long the repair takes. The time it takes for home repairs is usually billed on an hourly basis, so the hourly rate the company charges for repairs will affect the total cost of repairs. You can help to speed up the process by gathering warranty information and instruction manuals before the technician arrives.
- The Cost of Labor. Labor costs are factored into the total cost and are usually related to the hourly rate for the total time the repair takes.
Average Cost of Refrigerator Repair in Austin, TX
While repair costs fluctuate based on so many factors, you can most likely expect your repair to cost somewhere between $100-$500. Wondering whether the repair is worth it? As a general rule you should not pay to repair your fridge if the cost of the repair will be more than the fridge itself is worth. If your fridge is old and has had multiple problems, it may be in your best interest to replace it.
What To Expect When You Call for Refrigerator Repair
If you’ve never had your fridge repaired before, you may not know what to expect. Here are the basic steps for an appliance repair visit.
- You make an appointment.
- Your technician will contact you 30 minutes before they expect to arrive.
- You prepare for the visit. Gather warranty information, operator’s manuals, and any other paperwork associated with the fridge.
- The technician will arrive and inspect your appliance.
- The technician will give you an estimate of the cost of repair.
- If you agree to the repair, and the technician has the necessary parts on hand, they will repair your refrigerator immediately. If the part is not in stock it will be ordered.
- The technician will contact you when the part comes in to make an appointment for the repair.
Is My Fridge Repair an Emergency?
When your fridge breaks and isn’t keeping your food cool (or in some cases it may be freezing your food) it may feel like an emergency. You don’t want to lose all the food in your fridge, especially if you recently stocked up. You call for repairs but there is no technician available in the next few hours or even the same day. What can you do?
Don’t panic. Start by keeping your fridge closed. It will stay cool inside for quite a while as long as you don’t keep opening and closing the door. If you fear that your food won’t stay cool enough in the fridge, start filling your coolers with food and purchase ice to keep it cool.
Same Day Appliance Repair
Your best chance of getting fast repair is to call a company that offers same day appliance repair and that is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. It seems appliances only break down at inopportune times, such as weekends, evenings, or holidays.
Appliance Repair 512 understands that, which is why we are always open for your convenience. Call (512) 351-7624 today for same day service or request an offer. We offer affordable, prompt service to restore your home appliances to proper working order so that you can get on with life.
If you’re looking to upgrade your kitchen, an over-the-range microwave is a great addition. It not only saves counter space but also adds to the overall aesthetic of your kitchen. However, installing an over the range microwave is often a daunting task for many homeowners. The good news is that […]
Garbage disposals can be very convenient. You rinse food scraps right off the plate or cutting board and run the disposal until they disappear down the drain. It keeps smelly food out of your trash and prevents your drain from clogging. However, this is only the case if your disposal […]
Washing machines have various cycles, all of which are controlled by a timer. The timer’s job is to tell the washing machine how long to stay on each part of the wash cycle and when to advance to the next step in the cycle. When the timer is broken, the […]